Property Tax Instructions and Links for Your Convenience
It’s that time again….heading into summer and paying our property taxes. Taxes and sun, what could be better! You’ve probably just received, or will be receiving shortly, your tax notice in the mail. For your convenience, I have put together the various ways to pay your taxes and to register for your Home Owners Grant (HOG). Great acronym isn’t it!
Claiming Your Home Owner’s Grant: If your property is your principle residence you have to claim your Home Owners Grant (which is $570) some cities it is less. There are 2 ways for you to claim:
1. Signing the tax notice and mailing or dropping it off at the city.
2. You can also complete it online if your city has an electronic payment capability on their website. If you are doing this online you will need the folio number and access code which is on your notice. It takes no more than 5 minutes to complete. Don’t forget to print off a copy for your records.
Paying Your Property Taxes: There are 4 ways this can be done:
1. Some lenders allow you to pay your property taxes throughout the year with your mortgage payment. If that is the case, the lender will remit the payment directly on your behalf. Be aware your taxes can change from year-to-year so it is a good idea to call your current lender to ensure you have enough in your account. If you do not have the lender number, simply give us a call and we can help.
2. If your lender does not collect your taxes, you can write a post-dated cheque for July 2nd. and mail it to the city.
3. You can also make your payment at most chartered banks.
4. A great way to pay your taxes is to use your cities monthly preauthorized debit program. If you do not, it is a convenient option to consider going forward. Instructions will be on your cities website or attached to your tax notice.
As a helpful tool, I have also provided some links for more information and electronic payment details. Please note that I could not find an electronic payment option for Richmond or Langley. Please feel free to pass this email along to friends, family members and colleagues. As always, if you know of anyone needing financing, please do not keep us a secret. Our business is built on referrals from great clients like you!
http://deltaonline.ca/tempest/ecom/hog/login.cfm?title=Electronic Home Owner Grant
Your Mortgage Professional
About Dreyer Group Smiles
Dreyer Group Smiles is a program dedicated to giving to facilities that provide safe and transitional housing to children and youth in the Fraser Valley of British Columbia. By providing funds to these programs, Dreyer Group will make a meaningful difference to kids who otherwise may not have a roof over their heads, or hope for a bright future.
Dreyer Group hopes to expand this effort through their clients and business partners. In addition, they plan to raise additional funds through annual events and corporate fundraising initiatives. Dreyer Group is working closely with the Salvation Army to allocate these funds to the children and shelters.
About Dreyer Group Mortgages, A Member of the VERICO Brokers Network
As a senior mortgage consulting team with extensive experience in the financial services industry and thousands of happy clients throughout the Lower Mainland, we understand what it takes to build long-term relationships through service and expertise. As an independent brokerage, we are not restricted to one financial institutions mortgage options. We provide the best range of financing solutions by accessing over 40 lenders and hundreds of products coast-to-coast.
Each VERICO member is an independently owned and operated business.
Copywrite © 2008
3.65% 5 Year Fixed Mortgage Rate
2.20% 5 Year Variable Rate
Email me now with the next person you know that needs financing
All rates quoted are on approved credit.
Download Dreyer Group on Your Hand-held
Mortgage Payment Calculator
Purchase Finance Calculator
Get an Instant Hold and Quote for Your Client
Access Quick App to get your clients approval going
Blackberry and iPhone compatible.
Simply link here
Dreyer Group Mortgages Voted BEST MORTGAGE BROKER 2010, Surrey, North Delta, White Rock, South Surrey by NOW Newspaper Readers. Many thanks to our valued clients and partners for voting for us!
Dreyer Group Smiles
When you do business with Dreyer Group, a portion of every mortgage funded goes towards providing safe housing for children and youth. Thank you for your support.
Follow me on twitter
Follow my financial blog
Follow me on Facebook
Check our Best Rates
Jared has built his business based on a passion and commitment for delivering exceptional client service. He has provided superior financing solutions to thousands of happy clients over the past 18 years.
As a Government Relations Committee Member of the Canadian Association of Accredited Mortgage Professionals (CAAMP), Board Member and Director of the Mortgage Broker Association of BC (MBABC) for the past 2 years, Chairing the Education and Public Relations Committee, Board Member of the VERICO National Advisory Council and Director of the Mortgage Brokers Institute of BC (MBIBC), Jared works diligently to accomplish positive change within the mortgage industry.
Jared also sits on the Board of the White Rock South Surrey Chamber of Commerce and is a member of the Vancouver Board of Trade.
A strong believer in community, Jared has been very active in setting up business partnership programs for local business as well as giving initiatives to children’s’ charities locally and throughout the Fraser Valley and Metro Vancouver.