Friday, December 21, 2012

Contentment

Contentment


by Napoleon Hill

The richest man in all the world lives in Happy Valley. He is rich in values that endure, in things he cannot lose—things that provide him with contentment, sound health, peace of mind and harmony within his soul.

Here is an inventory of his riches and how he acquired them:

“I found happiness by helping others to find it.

“I found sound health by living temperately and eating only the food my body requires to maintain itself. “I hate no man, envy no man, but love and respect all mankind.

“I am engaged in a labor of love with which I mix play generously; therefore, I seldom grow tired.

“I pray daily, not for more riches but for more wisdom with which to recognize, embrace, and enjoy the great abundance of riches I already possess.

“I speak no mane save only to honor it, and I slander no man for any cause whatsoever.

“I ask no favors of anyone except the privilege of sharing my blessings with all who desire them.

“I am on good terms with my conscience; therefore, it guides me accurately in everything I do.

“I have more material wealth than I need because I am free from greed and covet only those things I can use constructively while I live. My wealth comes from those whom I have benefited by sharing my blessings.

“The estate of Happy Valley which I own is not taxable. It exists mainly in my own mind, in intangible riches that cannot be assessed for taxation or appropriated except by those who adopt my way of life. I created this estate over a lifetime of effort by observing nature’s laws and forming habits to conform with them.”

Source: Success Through A Positive Mental Attitude. Prentice-Hall, Inc. 1960. Pgs. 211 & 212.

No comments: