Thursday, February 24, 2011

Reminder-Mortgage Changes Coming Into Effect Soon

Reminder - Mortgage Changes Coming Into Effect Soon


Good Afternoon,

I have been getting numerous emails and calls regarding the new mortgage regulations coming into effect March 18th, 2011.

I wanted to send out a reminder that if you or a client of yours is Purchasing a Home (especially if they are first time home buyers) or Refinancing, now is the time to call our office and get pre-approved to avoid these changes should they potentially apply.

Below are the New Regulations again and some Q&A's. If you have ANY questions, please do not hesitate to call. Better to be safe.

Changes are as follows:

• Maximum amortization is decreasing down from 35 years to 30 years.
• Maximum Equity Take out is decreasing from 90% to 85%.

Q: Does the mortgage either a purchase or refinance have to close by March 18th.
A: No, it has to be a firm contract and approved before March 18th, however it can close after.

Q: I have a pre-approval but I haven’t found a home before March 18th, how does this affect me?
A: it has to be a firm contract in place before the 18th, however it can close after the 18th.

Q: I have a 40 year amortization and when it comes up for renewal will I get a 30 year amortization or 35 year?
A: You will get a 35 year amortization.

Q: I’m in a 35 year amortization and would like to refinance some other debt into my mortgage?
A: if we get it approved before March 18th 35 year will be available, after the 18th it will be 30 year.

Q: I’m thinking of porting my mortgage over to another home I’ve bought as I’ve sold mine, what happens?
A: Each lender seems to have a different policy on this, if you are thinking of selling and porting your mortgage please let me know and I will find out.

I’ve done my research however until you or your clients apply to a lender, they of course have the last word (my disclaimer), we cannot get a firm approval. So the application needs to get in sooner rather than later. Apply now

What to do now?

If you or your clients are considering making ANY mortgage changes or purchasing a home, call our office at 604 536-3802 NOW to a determine the best course of action.

We're here to help.

Jared Dreyer
Shop Your Mortgage. Save Money
604 649-5991
www.dreyergroup.ca
jared@dreyergroup.ca


________________________________________
About Dreyer Group Smiles

Dreyer Group Smiles is a program dedicated to giving to facilities that provide safe and transitional housing to children and youth in the Fraser Valley of British Columbia. By providing funds to these programs, Dreyer Group will make a meaningful difference to kids who otherwise may not have a roof over their heads, or hope for a bright future.
Dreyer Group hopes to expand this effort through their clients and business partners. In addition, they plan to raise additional funds through annual events and corporate fundraising initiatives. Dreyer Group is working closely with the Salvation Army to allocate these funds to the children and shelters.


About Dreyer Group Mortgages, A Member of the VERICO Brokers Network

As a senior mortgage consulting team with extensive experience in the financial services industry and thousands of happy clients throughout the Lower Mainland, we understand what it takes to build long-term relationships through service and expertise. As an independent brokerage, we are not restricted to one financial institutions mortgage options. We provide the best range of financing solutions by accessing over 40 lenders and hundreds of products coast-to-coast.

Each VERICO member is an independently owned and operated business.
Copywrite © 2008


3.85% 5 Year Fixed Mortgage Rate

2.20% 5 Year Variable Rate

Email me now with the next person you know that needs financing

Email me now if you want to see how much you can save on your existing mortgage.

All rates quoted are on approved credit.






Dreyer Group Smiles
When you do business with Dreyer Group, a portion of every mortgage funded goes towards providing safe housing for children and youth. Thank you for your support.




Follow me on twitter



Follow my financial blog



Follow me on Facebook


Quick Links
Check our Best Rates
Currency Rates
Market Watch
Local Weather
Mortgage Calculators



Dreyer Group Mortgages Voted BEST MORTGAGE BROKER 2010, Surrey, North Delta, White Rock, South Surrey by NOW Newspaper Readers. Many thanks to our valued clients for voting for us!

No comments: