Wednesday, January 12, 2011

2011 is Looking Superb!

2011 is Looking Superb!


It seems like yesterday I was writing my 2010 letter. This past year has been a great one for Dreyer Group and myself personally. It was of course also a memorable year for Vancouver and all of Canada. Like you, I felt a huge sense of pride in our cities great achievements in delivering one of the best Winter Olympic Games. I’ve found one of the most humbling remnants from the Olympics came to me quite unexpected the other day while at a hockey game. I noticed I was singing the national anthem, and others around me were too, belting out Oh Canada! I have to admit, I did not sing the anthem until the Olympics (I was a mouth mover) and now I am filled with pride every time it’s played… to the chagrin of my kids of course. Which brings me to another observation I had this past year. Although my kids are getting older and Skype, Facebook and cell phones are their best friends, I came across this picture (below) in my computer. It was taken this past spring break. I marvelled how my 11 and 13-year-old boys are holding my hand. I thought, with all the changes going on around them, I must be doing something right if my two boys willingly walk in public holding my hand.


Davis and Cole taking a stroll with Dad…. ahhhhhh

2010 was another great year for Dreyer Group with 6 new brokers joining our team. I look forward to expanding Dreyer Groups mortgage services to more locations in Metro Vancouver this coming year.

We too expanded our business partner referral program supporting many local business owners. I am thrilled Dreyer Group has close relationships with many local successful businesses which include, JJ & Whiskey, Pearl, on the Rock Onyx Steakhouse & Lounge, Splashes Wash Lodge, Kitchen Therapy, Kitchen Garden, Aru Spa, J. Gregory, Fratelli 's Bakery, Performance Chiropractic & Wellness, Homelife Benchmark, Innovative Fitness and KN&V Chartered Accountants to name a few. I encourage you to visit these businesses who too are avid supporters of our communities. If you would like more information on how to participate in our Business Partner Referral Program, please do not hesitate to call us.

In my continued dedication to support business and the mortgage industry, I am thrilled to now sit on the Board of the South Surrey, White Rock Chamber of Commerce and recently joined the Vancouver Board of Trade. As well, I continue to sit on the Board of the Mortgage Association of BC (MBABC) and committees for the National Association of Accredited Mortgage Professionals (say that 10 times!) ... thank goodness for my amazing team back at the office helping to take such great care of all of you.

This past year I am extremely proud of our team giving over $7,500 to children in need throughout BC; including CKNW Orphans Fund, Dreyer Group Smiles in conjunction with the Salvation Army and Bulumbu Orphan Care Program. I too take great pride in supporting our amazing community hospital - Peace Arch and the Surrey Christmas Bureau through the great folks at i-Finance.


I am extremely grateful for your support this past year. If there is anything I can do to help you, your clients, family or friends this coming year, please let me know.

I wish you and your family every success, health and happiness - it's going to be a superb 2011!!!


Warmest Regards,
Jared Dreyer, Your Mortgage Professional
604 649-5991
www.dreyergroup.ca




________________________________________
About Dreyer Group Smiles

Dreyer Group Smiles is a program dedicated to giving to facilities that provide safe and transitional housing to children and youth in the Fraser Valley of British Columbia. By providing funds to these programs, Dreyer Group will make a meaningful difference to kids who otherwise may not have a roof over their heads, or hope for a bright future.
Dreyer Group hopes to expand this effort through their clients and business partners. In addition, they plan to raise additional funds through annual events and corporate fundraising initiatives. Dreyer Group is working closely with the Salvation Army to allocate these funds to the children and shelters.


About Dreyer Group Mortgages, A Member of the VERICO Brokers Network

As a senior mortgage consulting team with extensive experience in the financial services industry and thousands of happy clients throughout the Lower Mainland, we understand what it takes to build long-term relationships through service and expertise. As an independent brokerage, we are not restricted to one financial institutions mortgage options. We provide the best range of financing solutions by accessing over 40 lenders and hundreds of products coast-to-coast.

Each VERICO member is an independently owned and operated business.
Copywrite © 2008


My beautiful daughter Jacqueline in front of the Olympic torch.


Birthday Cake Fact: This past year Dreyer Group gave out over 2000 birthday cake coupons! We hope you enjoyed your cake!


January 1st 2011. Me and my new friend took the plunge at the annual Polar Bear Swim! Not sure if I will do that again but at least it's checked off my bucket list! I am however training to run the 1/2 IronMan in 2012. Will keep you posted on how that’s going! I’m not the lightest guy on a bike… and swimming… well…




Follow me on twitter



Follow my financial blog



Follow Me on Facebook



Quick Links
Get a Rate Quote

Check our Best Rates
Currency Rates
Market Watch
Local Weather
Mortgage Calculators

No comments: