Monday, January 11, 2010

A New Decade Ahead

Hello Friends,

A very Happy New Year to you and your family!
I can't believe another decade has come and gone. I look back with fondness and forward to the future with great anticipation.
How things have changed....

Last night our family got together and watched all our old videos and pictures, but not in the way I did when I was a kid. We used our PS3 to link wirelessly to our Apple which in turn fed all our videos and pictures to our flat screen TV. As my 12-year-old son managed the PS3 controller with precision to scroll through our family memories, I was overcome with a sense of how things have changed.
I too am on the technology bandwagon and have a Twitter account and tweet daily. I also blog, do video casts, cook live on my iphone with Jamie Oliver and manage my workout schedule with ifitness. I never would have thought I would be doing this a year ago.
This past year I look back in reflection and I am so grateful…
For my children who are fast becoming their own wonderful persons as they move from 10, 11 and 12 year olds to tweens. Help! Recently on a a flight with my family at Christmas break my daughter asked the flight attendant if they recycle while placing a water bottle into a garbage bag with other waste. Amazing!
As a team and with your help, I am thrilled that we raised over $4000.00 for Dreyer Group Smiles in 2009 - our charity that raises money for children’s homeless shelters in the Fraser Valley. We have also partnered with an inspiring group of business leaders and entrepreneurs with a vision to rebuild a community in Swaziland, South Africa, called Bulembu. click here to watch the video.... it's incredible.

I am grateful for my health and completed my first marathon this year in Victoria. Thank you to my friends and coaches, Neil Yamorshuk and Jay VanUnen - I couldn’t have done it without you!
And as always, I am grateful to live in this beautiful city and country. We are so fortunate.
This coming year, I will continue to dedicate myself to helping my friends, clients, team, industry and of course my family achieve their goals. I am turning 40 this year and feel like I have only just begun giving and learning!
A warm and heartfelt thank you for supporting my business this past year.

I wish you all the best for a happy and healthy 2010!

No comments: